Pervaporation is an energy efficient combination of membrane permeation and vaporation technologies. It's considered an most attractive alternative to other dehydration process like evaporation, distillation, and zeolite. It has been proved from vast projects that PV&VP technology can be used to dehydrate from organic solvent and recycle high purity organic solvent.
Pervaporation involves separation of two or more components across a membrane by differing rates of adsorption and diffusion, and components molecule size through a thin layer driven by vapour difference. Hydrophilic of membrane material and vapor pressure gradient is used to allow one component to preferentially permeate across the membrane. A vacuum applied to the permeate side is coupled with the immediate condensation of permeated vapors to recover high purity organic solvent.
Pervaporation is typically suited to separating a minor component of a liquid mixture, thus high selectivity through the membrane is essential. Pervaporation can be used for breaking azeotropes, dehydrator of solvents and other volatile organics, organic/organic separations such as ethanol or methanol removal, and waste water purification.
Process Advantages of PV/VP :
● High Efficient: The product yield can up to 99%.
● Economical running: low energy consumption, no additives, low labor consumption, long work life, etc.
● Energy-Saving: compared with traditional process such as distillation, absorption, etc., pervaporation can save 4/5 energy.
● Environmental: no contamination, less waste disposal
● Easy maintenance
● Functions independent of vapor/liquid equilibrium
Applications of PV/VP
The organic solvents which can be dehydrated by pervaporation are as below:
● Alcohols: ethyl alcohol, propyl alcohol, IPA, butanol, etc.
● Ethers: GDE, MTBE, ETBE, etc.
● Easters: methyl acetate, ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, ethylene carbonate, etc.
● Hydrocarbon: methane, ethane, C6 Oil, cyclohexane, etc.
● Halohydrocarbon: hydrochloric ether, dichloromethane, chloroethylene, etc.
● Others: acetonitrile, THF, DMF, DMSO, NMP, etc.
If you need more details about zeolite product and PV&VP technology for solvent dehydration,please do not hesitate to contact with us or send email to us.We sincerely welcome your visit to our plant and reference projects. TFT is willing to communicate and share information with you on engineering process issues. We are looking forward to developing more market and more applications with your help, bring this new technology to end users, create more values and benefits for all parties.