Ceramic membrane element and housing must be thoroughly cleaned before storage,otherwise bacteria will grow fast on membrane.
● CRM membrane can stay storage either in dry and wet.
● Membrane can be kept inside the module for long time storage.
● Remove all contaminants (including proteins, organics, and metals) from the membrane and support layer by using a cleaning agent containing enzymes, acids, bases or oxidants.
● Shut down the permeate side valve first, run 30 to 60 minutes, and then open the permeate side valve.
● It is best to use pure water or deionized water for cleaning and rinsing.
● Measure the water flux, and if the cleaning water flux recovered well, then the cleaning is successful.
Before reusing ,a CIP cleaning with NaOH 1% with 2000ppm NaClO is highly recommended.